Who can help me find information?
Reference Librarians can help you find all sorts of information.
If you have a general research question, use the Ask a Librarian service which gives you the option to get help from a reference librarian by:
- Email - email@example.com or use the form on the Ask a Librarian page.
- Phone - W.E.B. Du Bois Library Reference Desk 413-545-0150 or Sciences and Engineering Library Reference Desk 413-545-6741
- Drop-in at the Reference Desks - You are welcome to drop in anytime that our Reference Desks are open. Click here for Reference Desk hours.
- IM - Use the Chat box on the Ask a Librarian Page.
- Text - Text a UMass reference librarian from your cell phone for quick help during staffed hours. Text to 413.650.6269.
If you'd like to make an appointment with a general reference librarian, fill out the Consultation Service form and a librarian will contact you.
If you have a specialized research question or need help with research strategy for a senior thesis, dissertation, long term project, etc., you can contact a Subject Specialist Librarian directly.