How do I renew a book?
Renew your UMass Amherst / Five College library materials in person, online, or by written request.
You will not be able to renew your books online if you have a book replacement charge, a recalled item, or have used the maximum number of renewals. Instead, bring the materials to the Library.
Web Directions for UMass Amherst Library materials
- Click on: Library Catalog on the UMass Amherst Library Home Page
- Click on: My Account
- Login with your NetID and password (UMass Amherst affiliates) or fill in Library Barcode.
- Barcode: (For example, type 21206600044444 ) Your barcode is on your UMass ID or library card. It is 15 digits long and starts with 21. Re-enter your barcode. Select Your Library. Press Go.
- Once logged in, your record will be displayed. Details for each institution are listed in a table, with a column for each of the five libraries.
- To renew books, find the column for the library that owns the book, and click on the number of books in the Loans row for that library.
- You will see a list of all books you have checked out at the selected library. You may renew all books by pressing Renew All, or select one or more books to renew by checking the box to the left of the Author, then pressing Renew Marked.